Summer is here! For me, that means sitting in the garden, enjoying the sunshine, sipping on countless glasses of chilled wines and of course outdoor grilling. If you have a grill and you are looking for a healthy food and wine pairing, why not give this easy recipe a try?
Salmon and Asparagus Kebabs
Time: 45 mins (35 mins prep time, 10 mins cook time)
Serves: 3 – 4 kebabs
- 250 g salmon filet (skinless, boneless)
- 1 bunch large asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp oregano (dried or fresh)
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 mins.
- Remove the end of the asparagus. Hold it near the end with two hands and bend until it snaps. It will break at the correct place. Dice asparagus spears in half. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil on top of the asparagus, toss around.
- Cut the salmon filets into 3 cm cubes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, oregano, cum, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Add the salmon, toss around. Let the salmon marinade for at least 15 mins.
- Slice the lemon thinly.
- Slide asparagus, salmon, lemon slices alternately onto the skewers.
- Grill over direct medium heat with the lid closed turning every 2 mins for 8 to 10 mins until salmon is cooked through.
I would recommend drinking a pinot noir with this recipe. Pinot noir is particularly good with grilled salmon and asparagus.
Did you try this recipe or the pairing?
Let me know how it went! Comment below and share your picture on Instagram using the hashtag #wisforwine